do you know how you want to feel?
Knowing how you actually want to feel is the most potent form of clarity that you can have. Generating those feelings is the most powerfully creative thing you can do with your life. - Danielle LaPorte
How do you want to feel when you walk into the kitchen in the morning? When you arrive at your long-saved-for vacation? How do you want to feel when you show up for work? When you hang out with your friends? When you have sex? When you're stuck in traffic on the way home?
Most of us set goals first - consciously or unconsciously - and relegate desires, feelings, and our heart to second, third, or even further back there. But most of us aren't chasing accomplishment. We are chasing how we hope That Thing will make us feel.
What if you lived in a world where you knew exactly what you craved and why? If your ideal feelings resonated deeper than happy, comfortable, successful? It's almost the New Year (!!!) and it is the perfect, universe-ordained time to discover your core desires, what they mean, and how they matter to the life you're trying to live.
When you get clear on how you want to feel, the pursuit itself will become more satisfying. - Danielle LaPorte
what is the desire map?
At its center, it is a transformative process. It is an ocean of wisdom, a practical workbook, and a soul-awakening experience written and created by a woman I deeply admire: Danielle LaPorte.
The Desire Map is half theory and half workbook; questions and insights that help you dig through the English language and your soul to excavate what you crave. It will reframe the way you approach goal-setting and decision-making and your relationship to everything.
My metamorphosis took place in the process of searching for what I desired, searching to know myself, searching for I wanted to feel. Digging through what I was most grateful for, and what really wasn’t working. It’s always the search.
When I first began, it felt dangerous. But feelings can’t guide us. But feelings change. But emotions are not to be trusted. But we want bad things. But self = selfish. I thought making my desires + feelings a priority for a month would take me to a dangerous place, but it turns out that it brought me home.
I have used The Desire Map to bury the last ties to my addiction to workaholism and identify what I truly desire. It has helped dismantle depression, anxiety, and "lost-ness." It has given me the tools to anchor myself professionally and personally, and remedied my chronic practice of setting goals not in alignment with my true self.
It balances, compliments, and purifies your spiritual beliefs - whatever they are or are becoming. And it will shake the dust off your soul.
experience the intimate, in-home los angeles workshop.
My home is my sacred space, and my core desire feelings of rooted, ease, earthy, and generous propel me to invite you in.
Over the course of 4 Sunday evenings in January, you will...
- learn how to identify your core desires + use them as a light and anchor for decision making, large and small
- explore + understand your current relationship to desires + wants
- create a safe space to discuss our hang-ups, guilt, and challenges in pursuing them
- create daily or weekly rituals (that you loooove) to facilitate desire + contentment
- expand your knowledge of the english language to deepen your emotional vocabulary (this is a real thing that is life changing)
- talk through resistance as you progress through mapping your desires
- build relationships with very real + practical women who are also learning soul first, goals second
- walk away with a new understanding of who you are, how you desire, and what it is you truly want
Dates + Time: January 4th, 11th, 18th, & 25th, from 6-8pm. (4 consecutive Sunday evenings)
Cost: $275 - limited to 12 women
Location: My home. My location cannot be published publicly but I live in the Los Feliz/Silverlake/Glendale area.
The workshop fee includes:
- a desire map workbook
- tea, wine, + light snacks
- sparkling brand new, soulful women friends
- a universe-shifting discovery of your core desires
can't attend this workshop? add your information to be kept in the inner circle for upcoming desire map events in los angeles:
1. why so inexpensive? most desire map workshops run between $300-500. my venue cost drops dramatically when hosting in my own home, allowing me to offer you an inexpensive workshop fee!
All "Desire Map" properties are copywritten and owned by Danielle LaPorte.